Saturday, November 18, 2006

oh what's in a name

building on the Chronicles of Gabe, I decided to investigate supsun v. supson. I found G's deviantArt page, but it's not that interesting so I'm now dropping this creepy little game.

a psychedelic/lounge act cites these influences on his myspace page:

the morning a bit of dusk and a supson of midnight but only a supson as i'm scared of slugs eating all my lettuce and my, silver apples, fifty foot hose, syd barrett, cluster, the united states of america, the books, burt bacharach

A bit of poking around unearthed quite an extensive use of supson as a noun, both in English and French. It must have come from soupçon, meaning tad/little. Des supsons de chocolat, un supson de linkin park, un supson d'intelligence. Of all those, I'd like most to be rendered as a small chocolate statue. Possibly narcissistic, possibly demeaning, but definitely tasty. A good way to bring happiness to the world.

And since this is totally self-centered posting, here's a satellite photo of Wan Kio-supson, a very green place in Burma. I don't see your military juntas here!



In other news, Babs Bush junior was in my apartment Friday night (unbeknowst to me until much, much later). We talked about vodka tonics and pole dancing. Babs wishes she could pole dance, but she finds the moves difficult because her elbows get all shaky. I was like, I totally know the feeling.

No comments: